Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Don't fall out...


 I am back  My last post was 6 months ago and during that time, I have collected a few pics to share.  So, thanks for your patience, and I hope you haven't given up on me!


Butterfly seed head...these are especially awesome when they dry, thus turning bronze.  I was lucky to have 3 of these last year....hopefully more this year. 




One of the last blooms on my dwarf fairy duster before the first frost. Really cute flowers which bloom prolifically.







Loving my reblooming hydrangeas...these were blooms from late fall.  They must love this soil because once I got them out of their pots and into this acid soil, they really perked up.   Received 2 more from my niece Kendra for Christmas so they will be planted soon.  Stay tuned for their progress! 




Another cluster of blooms prior to the frost.






















Wanted to catch a shot of my Japanese maple before all the leaves dropped...loving those gorgeous colors.  From what I have read, these maples prefer shaded areas, but this is one variety that will tolerate bright sun for short periods of time.  It has survived 2 summers of drought, so  it's proving to be quite durable.















Red plumbago


So....this concludes a little pre-frost tour.   Stay tuned.............

No comments:

Post a Comment